06 April 2011
Today Felinx Lee and I launched TornadoGists.org which is a site for discussing gists related to Tornado (python web framework open sourced by Facebook).
Everyone in the Tornado community seems to solve similar problems in different ways. Oftentimes, these solutions are just a couple of lines or so and not something you can really turn into a full package with
setup.py and everything.
Sharing a snippet of code is a great way to a) help other people and b) to get feedback on your solutions.
The goal is to make it a very open and active project with lots of contributors. I'll be accepting and reviewing all forks but hopefully control will be opened up to all Tornado developers. Also, since the code is quite generic to any open source project Felinx and I might one day port this to rubygists.org or lispgists.org or something like that. After all, Github does all the heavy lifting and we just wrap it up nicely.
- Strange socket related error with supervisord
05 April 2011
- Mocking DBRefs in Mongoose and nodeunit
14 April 2011
- Related by Keyword:
- gg - A prototype to rule Git, GitHub and Bugzilla
06 May 2016
- How I git
18 June 2015
- Highlighted code syntax in Keynote
30 August 2014
- Common names amongst my Facebook friends
26 June 2014
- GitHub PR triage across multiple projects
28 April 2014
- Related by Text:
- Goodies from tornado-utils - part 3: send_mail
24 September 2011
- Too Cool For Me?
25 September 2011
- Launching Kwissle.com
04 June 2011
- Future plan for IssueTrackerProduct
22 February 2004
- IssueTrackerProduct now officially abandoned
30 March 2012