06 April 2011 Python, Tornado
Today Felinx Lee and I launched TornadoGists.org which is a site for discussing gists related to Tornado (python web framework open sourced by Facebook).
Everyone in the Tornado community seems to solve similar problems in different ways. Oftentimes, these solutions are just a couple of lines or so and not something you can really turn into a full package with
setup.py and everything.
Sharing a snippet of code is a great way to a) help other people and b) to get feedback on your solutions.
The goal is to make it a very open and active project with lots of contributors. I'll be accepting and reviewing all forks but hopefully control will be opened up to all Tornado developers. Also, since the code is quite generic to any open source project Felinx and I might one day port this to rubygists.org or lispgists.org or something like that. After all, Github does all the heavy lifting and we just wrap it up nicely.
- Strange socket related error with supervisord 05 April 2011
- Mocking DBRefs in Mongoose and nodeunit 14 April 2011
- Related by Keyword:
- Whatsdeployed facelift
05 January 2018
- gg - A prototype to rule Git, GitHub and Bugzilla 06 May 2016
- How I git 18 June 2015
- Highlighted code syntax in Keynote 30 August 2014
- Common names amongst my Facebook friends 26 June 2014
- Related by Text:
- jQuery and Highslide JS 08 January 2008
- I'm back! Peterbe.com has been renewed 05 June 2005
- Anti-McCain propaganda videos 12 August 2008
- Ever wondered how much $87 Billion is? 04 November 2003
Guake, not Yakuake or Yeahconsole 23 January 2010