23 October 2005 0 comments Misc. links
Yes, Pandora is great but it too can make mistakes. All software make mistakes. When that happens it's important that you deal with the mistake/error in a constructive manner. Firstly you have to have your debugging tools set up to alert the developer(s) of the error with full details and correct integrity and secondly you need to report back to the innocent user a message (and in some cases a good plan of action for the user to take).
Pandora seemed to be struggling today when I started it and since I haven't seen that before I took a screenshot of the error message and here I write about it.
What's good about this error message?
- it's honest ("We're having unexpected technical difficulties")
- it's informative with a twist (they're informing the user about what they're doing about it with a comical twist "scrambling to fix things")
- it's instructive ("Please try again later")
- Pandora - a great Internet radio 21 October 2005
- Shane's Bit Mountain 25 October 2005
- Related by category:
- Best YouTube Chefs of 2017 14 July 2017 Misc. links
- The Jesus story - A serious case of plagiarism 3 January 2009 Misc. links
- Ask Yahoo "What state do the Simpsons live in?" 5 January 2006 Misc. links
- My favorite YouTube channels 11 March 2014 Misc. links
- Effects of LSD on drawing 20 January 2004 Misc. links
- Related by keyword:
- Careful with your assertRaises() and inheritance of exceptions 10 April 2013
- Internet Radio - Day of Silence 26 June 2007
- Squeezebox + Pandora 8 March 2006
- Now I'm on Last.fm 30 October 2007
- Interesting NHS error message 21 July 2005