(For context, I released Autocompeter.com last week and now I'm thinking about improvements)
I posted a question on Twitter about which highlighting formatting people prefer and got some interesting feedback. More about that later.
The piece of feedback that really got my attention came from my friend Honza Král.
He wondered if not the whole word should be highlighted instead of just the beginning of the word.
I've actually been thinking about that too but never got around to trying it out. Until now.
What do you think?
I have the code in a branch and I'm still mulling it over. There's sort of a convention to just highlight based on what you've typed so far. I don't want to be too weird because when people don't feel familiar they don't like what they see even if the new actually is better.
- gulp-header is the best! 09 April 2015
- Benchmarking Autocompeter 12 April 2015
- Related by category:
- Fastest way to find out if a file exists in S3 (with boto3) 16 June 2017 Web development
- Related by keyword:
- Autocompeter is Dead. Long live Autocompeter! 09 January 2017
- How I installed letsencrypt for Nginx 26 January 2016
- Autocompeter.com 02 April 2015
- A quicksearch for Bugzilla using Autocompeter 27 January 2016
- Autocompeter 1.1.8 and smooth typing 06 April 2015