tl;dr; Whatsdeployed.io is an impressively simple web app to help web developers and web ops people quickly see what GitHub commits have made it into your Dev, Stage or Prod environment. Today it got a facelift.
The code is now more than 5 years old and has served me well. It's weird to talk too positively about the app because I actually wrote it but because it's so simple in terms of design and effort it feels less personal to talk about it.
Here's what's in the facelift
- Upgraded to Bootstrap 4.
- Instead of relying on downloading a heavy Glyphicon web font, just to display a single checkmark, that's now a simple image.
- Ability to use a GitHub developer personal token to avoid rate limitations on GitHub's API.
- The first lookup to get all commits is now done via the Flask app to use my auth token to avoid the rate limit.
- Much better error handling if any of the underlying
requests.get() that the Flask app does, fails. Also includes which URL it failed on.
- Basic validation to prevent submitting the main form without typing anything in.
- You can hack on it with Docker. Thanks @willkg.
- Improved the code that extracts Bugzilla bug numbers out of commit messages. Thanks @edmorely.
- Refreshed screenshots in the
- A brand new introduction text on the home page for people who end up on the site not knowing what it is.
- If any XHR errors happen figuring out the "culprits", you now get a pretty error describing this instead of swallowing it all.
Please let me know if there's anything broken or missing.
- How to rotate a video on OSX with ffmpeg
03 January 2018
- Display current React version
07 January 2018
- Related by Keyword:
- gg - A prototype to rule Git, GitHub and Bugzilla
06 May 2016
- Whatsdeployed on only one site
26 February 2016
11 November 2015
- How I git
18 June 2015
- GitHub PR triage across multiple projects
28 April 2014
- Related by Text:
- jQuery and Highslide JS
08 January 2008
- I'm back! Peterbe.com has been renewed
05 June 2005
- Anti-McCain propaganda videos
12 August 2008
- Ever wondered how much $87 Billion is?
04 November 2003
- Guake, not Yakuake or Yeahconsole
23 January 2010