is an impressively simple web app to help web developers and web ops people quickly see what GitHub commits have made it into your Dev, Stage or Prod environment. Today it got a facelift.
The code is now more than 5 years old and has served me well. It's weird to talk too positively about the app because I actually wrote it but because it's so simple in terms of design and effort it feels less personal to talk about it.
Here's what's in the facelift
- Upgraded to Bootstrap 4.
- Instead of relying on downloading a heavy Glyphicon web font, just to display a single checkmark, that's now a simple image.
Ability to use a GitHub developer personal token to avoid rate limitations on GitHub's API.
- The first lookup to get all commits is now done via the Flask app to use my auth token to avoid the rate limit.
- Much better error handling if any of the underlying
requests.get() that the Flask app does, fails. Also includes which URL it failed on.
- Basic validation to prevent submitting the main form without typing anything in.
- You can hack on it with Docker. Thanks @willkg.
- Improved the code that extracts Bugzilla bug numbers out of commit messages. Thanks @edmorely.
- Refreshed screenshots in the
- A brand new introduction text on the home page for people who end up on the site not knowing what it is.
If any XHR errors happen figuring out the "culprits", you now get a pretty error describing this instead of swallowing it all.
Please let me know if there's anything broken or missing.
- How to rotate a video on OSX with ffmpeg 03 January 2018
- Display current React version 07 January 2018
- Related by Keyword:
- gg - A prototype to rule Git, GitHub and Bugzilla 06 May 2016
- Whatsdeployed on only one site 26 February 2016
- Whatsdeployed 11 November 2015
- How I git 18 June 2015
- GitHub PR triage across multiple projects 28 April 2014
- Related by Text:
- jQuery and Highslide JS 08 January 2008
- I'm back! Peterbe.com has been renewed 05 June 2005
- Anti-McCain propaganda videos 12 August 2008
- Ever wondered how much $87 Billion is? 04 November 2003
- Guake, not Yakuake or Yeahconsole 23 January 2010