24 May 2010
django-mongokit is the project you want to use if you want to connect your Django project to your MongoDB database via the pymongo Python wrapper. An alternative (dare I say competing alternative) is MongoEngine which is bridge between Django and straight to pymongo. The immediate difference you notice is the syntax. django-mongokit looks like MongoKit syntax and MongoEngine looks like Django ORM. They both accomplish pretty much the same thing. So, which one is fastest?
First of all, remember this? where I showed how django-mongokit sped past the SQL ORM like a lightning bullet. Well appears MongoEngine is even faster.
That's an average of 23% faster for all three operations!
- More on What is "pythonic"
22 May 2010
- "Using MongoDB in your Django app - implications and benefits"
25 May 2010
- Related by Keyword:
- Fastest database for Tornado
09 October 2013
- django-mongokit now compatible with Django 1.4
11 August 2012
- Persistent caching with fire-and-forget updates
14 December 2011
- Optimization story involving something silly I call "dict+"
13 June 2011
- Mocking DBRefs in Mongoose and nodeunit
14 April 2011
- Related by Text:
- Be very careful with your add_header in Nginx! You might make your site insecure
11 February 2018
- jQuery and Highslide JS
08 January 2008
- I'm back! Peterbe.com has been renewed
05 June 2005
- Anti-McCain propaganda videos
12 August 2008
- I'm Prolog
01 May 2007