25 October 2009 1 comment Web development
Bruno Renié has written a nifty app:iPhone push notifications for Twitter with Prowl
With the power of Prowl it pushes a notification to your iPhone when someone mentions you on Twitter. You first need to install the Prowl app on your iPhone and then go to their website to get your notification key. Then, go to Bruno's site, sign in with your Twitter account (OAuth, so no password give-away) and badabing! you get instant notifications on your phone, for free, when someone mentions you.
If you're one of those people who use Twitter instead of instant messaging and have lots of mentions this might be excessive for you but if not it can be very useful if you are like me who is very slow to spot that someone has replied or mentioned your name.
Great work Bruno!
- What makes my website slow? DNS 23 October 2009
- "Frank Zappa: The Biography" by Barry Miles 30 October 2009
- Related by category:
- Fastest way to find out if a file exists in S3 (with boto3) 16 June 2017 Web development
- How to throttle AND debounce an autocomplete input in React 1 March 2018 Web development
- How to create-react-app with Docker 17 November 2017 Web development
- Be very careful with your add_header in Nginx! You might make your site insecure 11 February 2018 Web development
- How to have default/initial values in a Django form that is bound and rendered 10 January 2020 Web development
- Related by keyword:
- Panasonic Lumix from 2008 or a iPhone 5S from 2014 26 September 2015
- RequireJS versus HeadJS 9 January 2011
- Registration and sign-in by email verification 29 April 2013
- Beach volleyball bums 2 August 2012
- Integrate BrowserID in a Tornado web app 22 November 2011