In the basic setup of jed when you press
ALT-F (i.e. Alt key at the same time as letter "f") it opens the File menu. I didn't want that. I wanted it to be like in Emacs where
The README said to set
ALT_CHAR = 27; like this FAQ said. Well, that didn't work. After some more google searching I found out how to do it!:
() = evalfile("emacs"); % Emacs-like bindings
Now it works like I think it should. I write it here because I'll probably forget for the next time.
Jed is the editor I use the most when not working in a graphical environment. Almost all of the code to this website has been developed using jed.
- Passed my grading! 26 January 2004
- Grep in Jed 27 January 2004
- Related by Keyword:
- How to encrypt a file with Emacs on macOS (ccrypt) 29 January 2019
- Best Atom packages of 2015 22 January 2016
- Local jed settings 19 April 2013
- Wing IDE versus Jed 11 December 2008
EditArea vs. CodePress 03 January 2008