This took some time to figure out (found answer here)and it might come in handy sometime in the far future so I write it down here and now.
To create a user for the postgresql database on linux you have to do that from the linux user called
This would not work:
peterbe@computer:~$ createuser peterbe
What you need to do is this:
peterbe@computer:~$ su -
...log in as root...
computer:~# su postgres
computer:/root$ createuser peterbe
Now I know!
- Vivisimo - clustered searching 08 January 2004
- PythonPoint 10 January 2004
- Related by Keyword:
How I performance test PostgreSQL locally on macOS 10 December 2018
- Best EXPLAIN ANALYZE benchmark script 19 April 2018
- When Docker is too slow, use your host 11 January 2018
- How do log ALL PostgreSQL SQL happening 20 July 2015
- Fastest database for Tornado 09 October 2013
- Related by Text:
- jQuery and Highslide JS 08 January 2008
- I'm back! Peterbe.com has been renewed 05 June 2005
- Anti-McCain propaganda videos 12 August 2008
- Ever wondered how much $87 Billion is?
04 November 2003
- Guake, not Yakuake or Yeahconsole 23 January 2010