This took some time to figure out (found answer here)and it might come in handy sometime in the far future so I write it down here and now.
To create a user for the postgresql database on linux you have to do that from the linux user called
This would not work:
peterbe@computer:~$ createuser peterbe
What you need to do is this:
peterbe@computer:~$ su -
...log in as root...
computer:~# su postgres
computer:/root$ createuser peterbe
Now I know!
- Vivisimo - clustered searching
08 January 2004
10 January 2004
- How do log ALL PostgresSQL SQL happening
20 July 2015
- Fastest database for Tornado
09 October 2013
- Postgres collation errors on CITEXT fields when upgrading to 9.1
21 May 2012
- Connecting with psycopg2 without a username and password
24 February 2011
- Optimization of getting random rows out of a PostgreSQL in Django
23 February 2011
- Fastest "boolean SQL queries" possible with Django
14 January 2011
- UPPER vs. ILIKE
19 April 2010
- Speed test between django_mongokit and postgresql_psycopg2
09 March 2010
- To sub-select or not sub-select in PostgreSQL
31 August 2009
- Why bother with MySQL...
09 October 2008