This took some time to figure out (found answer here)and it might come in handy sometime in the far future so I write it down here and now.
To create a user for the postgresql database on linux you have to do that from the linux user called
This would not work:
peterbe@computer:~$ createuser peterbe
What you need to do is this:
peterbe@computer:~$ su -
...log in as root...
computer:~# su postgres
computer:/root$ createuser peterbe
Now I know!
- Vivisimo - clustered searching 08 January 2004
- PythonPoint 10 January 2004
- Related by category:
- How to create-react-app with Docker 17 November 2017 Linux
- Be very careful with your add_header in Nginx! You might make your site insecure 11 February 2018 Linux
- Linux tip: du --max-depth=1 27 September 2007 Linux
- set -ex - The most useful bash trick of the year 31 August 2014 Linux
- Run something forever in bash until you want to stop it 13 February 2018 Linux
- Related by keyword:
When Docker is too slow, use your host 11 January 2018
- Connecting with psycopg2 without a username and password 24 February 2011
- Adding a year in PostgreSQL 04 February 2004
- How I performance test PostgreSQL locally on macOS 10 December 2018
- Integer division in programming languages 04 August 2004