Ploggle is a site where people can collect photos and videoclips they take with their mobile. You sign up for free and then you take a picture with your mobile and send it to Ploggle or your can send images by email.
All in all I think Ploggle is great. I happen to know one of the founders, Daniel Light, from the Kung Fu club. I know that he is working hard on it and recently they've updated the code quite a lot.
The site is really user-friendly which of course is highly appreciated. From a marketing point of view I think they do a great job making it easy for people to sign up. The service is free but if you want to upload more than 30 pictures you'll have to pay a small amount. You can also password protect uploading of pictures.
Some of the great features I like:
- you get your own subdomain (e.g. peterbe.ploggle.com)
- the site loads fast and is short on wording
- instead of "Log-in" they call it "Plog-in"
- you can easily edit your pictures in the Plog Editor
- you can easily customise your site in the Plog Design
- videoclips are automatically converted to Flash to avoid the web browser plugin hell
- you can "Request updates" of plogs you like similar to my Email Reminder
Keep up the good work. It's great inspiration. But, I called my blog entries container plog before I even knew about this site. Ploggle makes my MMS Photo Messages look pretty plain.
- WEBoggle mind bogglingly addictive 20 February 2004
- Future plan for IssueTrackerProduct 22 February 2004
- Related by Keyword:
- 10 years of blogging 19 September 2013
- US License Plate Spotter (part 1) 09 July 2012
- My first YSlow Grade A (100)! 17 December 2008
- T-Mobile MMS collection 14 December 2007
- Future of Web Apps (quick summary and thoughts) 04 October 2007
Related by Text:
- jQuery and Highslide JS 08 January 2008
- I'm back! Peterbe.com has been renewed 05 June 2005
- Anti-McCain propaganda videos 12 August 2008
- Ever wondered how much $87 Billion is? 04 November 2003
- Guake, not Yakuake or Yeahconsole 23 January 2010