Manu Cornet of the Ubuntu team has created a simple yet effective site called Why Linux is better which I thought was pretty good.
Microsoft spend million$ on their "Get the facts" campaign where they get "independent" companies (affiliated with Microsoft if you read the fine print) to say that Windows is better than Linux. Sure enough, there are some points where Windows is better but far more where Linux is better than Windows. Anyway, this is what Manu is up against and still his delivery is much better than the Get the facts campaign. All he has to do is to be honest.
Keep up the good work Manu!
- Martial Arts by Pen Rance 27 February 2006
- tightVNC and Chicken of the VNC 04 March 2006
- Related by category:
- How to create-react-app with Docker 17 November 2017 Linux
- Be very careful with your add_header in Nginx! You might make your site insecure 11 February 2018 Linux
- Linux tip: du --max-depth=1 27 September 2007 Linux
- set -ex - The most useful bash trick of the year 31 August 2014 Linux
- Run something forever in bash until you want to stop it 13 February 2018 Linux
- Related by keyword:
- uwsgi weirdness with --http 19 September 2019
- Upgrading to Ubuntu Lucid Lynx and downgrading to Python2.4 and Python2.5 11 May 2010
- Ubuntu Cola or Ubuntu Linux 06 March 2010
- Finally got rid of the system beep 22 November 2008
- R.I.P Palm Treo 27 September 2005