07 January 2006 3 comments Web development
I learnt an important lesson today about the <link> tag. I had a XHTML Strict that looked like this:
<link rel="stylesheet" type= "text/css" media="print" title="Design for print" href="/print.css" />
And every time I tried to print the page it did not correctly incorporate the
print.css file. The file gets downloaded by the client but not incorporated. After a lot of trial and errors and testing I finally discovered why. The
title attribute stops the
link tag from working.
The correct way to declare a
link tag for a
media="print" is to do the following:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="/print.css" />
Hopefully this will help someone else getting into the same pickle as I was in.