"Python Server Pages (PSP), as you probably guessed already, is a way to inline Python in HTML or XML documents. The server interprets this inlined code to produce the final HTML sent to the client. This approach has become popular with tools such as JSP, PHP, and ColdFusion."
I really hope this catches on. It'll be the perfect alternative to PHP. PHP is very popular because it's easy to use but the syntax and execution is poor compared to Python. I guess PHP will stay strong for quite some time still but if PSP can get the tight Apache and MySQL integration that PHP has, we have a winner here.
- Funniest Volvo advert ever 08 March 2004
- Deep sea fish, lots of pictures 11 March 2004
- Related by category:
- How much faster is Redis at storing a blob of JSON compared to PostgreSQL? 28 September 2019 Python
- Best practice with retries with requests 19 April 2017 Python
- Fastest way to find out if a file exists in S3 (with boto3) 16 June 2017 Python
- Interesting float/int casting in Python 25 April 2006 Python
- Fastest way to unzip a zip file in Python 31 January 2018 Python
- Related by keyword:
- How much faster is Nginx+gunicorn than Apache+mod_wsgi? 22 March 2012
- Fastest database for Tornado 09 October 2013
- Why bother with MySQL... 09 October 2008
- PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQLite 04 April 2004
- ALTER TABLE patch 12 December 2005