Have you ever searched Google for something obvious like "news", "software" or "internet"? I have, but doing it felt very original.
Before reading on (unless it's too late) to guess what you'd find on the top spot of a Google search if you search for "news".
Ok, here are the results.
- Searching for news
- Searching for software
- www.apache.org/ not bad apache!
- Searching for internet
- www.microsoft.com/ Thee PageRank gurus
- www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp page about Internet Explorer
- www.ipl.org/ (University of Michigan)
- Searching for hardware
- www.tomshardware.com/ they deserve this
- ww.anandtech.com/ who are you?
- Searching for search engine
- searchenginewatch.com/ I guess that's fair
On the "search engine" search, where is MSN (bottom of second page) and why isn't Google on the top spot (6th spot). Maybe this "proves" that Google doesn't fiddle with their database :)
- More amazing sidewalk art 26 March 2005
- Ugly one-liner to debug an object in Zope 31 March 2005
- Related by Keyword:
- A decent Elasticsearch search engine implementation 09 April 2017
- News sites suck in terms of performance 08 August 2015
- The Search Engine Experiment 25 November 2005
- Google hardware history 16 May 2004
- Same but new keyboard, lovely change 21 January 2004
- Related by Text:
- jQuery and Highslide JS 08 January 2008
- I'm back! Peterbe.com has been renewed 05 June 2005
- Anti-McCain propaganda videos 12 August 2008
- Ever wondered how much $87 Billion is? 04 November 2003
- Guake, not Yakuake or Yeahconsole 23 January 2010