Have you ever searched Google for something obvious like "news", "software" or "internet"? I have, but doing it felt very original.
Before reading on (unless it's too late) to guess what you'd find on the top spot of a Google search if you search for "news".
Ok, here are the results.
- Searching for news
- Searching for software
- www.apache.org/ not bad apache!
- Searching for internet
- www.microsoft.com/ Thee PageRank gurus
- www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp page about Internet Explorer
- www.ipl.org/ (University of Michigan)
- Searching for hardware
- www.tomshardware.com/ they deserve this
- ww.anandtech.com/ who are you?
- Searching for search engine
- searchenginewatch.com/ I guess that's fair
On the "search engine" search, where is MSN (bottom of second page) and why isn't Google on the top spot (6th spot). Maybe this "proves" that Google doesn't fiddle with their database :)
- More amazing sidewalk art 26 March 2005
- Ugly one-liner to debug an object in Zope 31 March 2005
- Related by category:
- Common names amongst my Facebook friends 26 June 2014 Wondering
- An idea for a better timesheet tracker 12 January 2006
- Free business idea: An app for figuring out the best car for you 18 January 2013 Wondering
- A blog comment spam solution: Retalition! 31 July 2011 Wondering
- ToDo apps I gave up on in 2010 03 January 2011 Wondering
- Related by keyword:
- A decent Elasticsearch search engine implementation
09 April 2017
- News sites suck in terms of performance 08 August 2015
- Google hardware history 16 May 2004
- Same but new keyboard, lovely change 21 January 2004
- The Search Engine Experiment 25 November 2005