Pleonasm is one of the "hardest" words I know. I learnt it when I lived in France as a french word and then I took for granted that it was called the same in English. I couldn't find the word in the dictionary until today:
pleonasm \PLEE-uh-naz-uhm\, noun:
1. The use of more words than are necessary to express an idea; as, "I saw it with my own eyes."
2. An instance or example of pleonasm.
3. A superfluous word or expression.
So it does exist in English. Cool. Remember the word now :)
- Animator vs. Animation
08 June 2006
- Wanna be my flatmate?
12 June 2006
- Related by Keyword:
- Be careful with using dict() to create a copy
09 September 2015
- SmartDict - a smart 'dict' wrapper
14 July 2005
- Cheeky Explore (Dictionary of Everything)
26 May 2005
- Related by Text:
- \b in Python regular expressions
14 June 2005
- Advanced live-search with AngularJS
04 February 2014
- "I was robbed by twooo men" Zuiikin English girls
18 July 2006
- Most common English words
29 July 2004
- maxlength_countdown() - a useful jQuery plugin for showing characters left
01 May 2011