I've been a big fan of Yakuake for a long time. It's a terminal you have open all the time in Linux that is shown and hidden, over any other windows, by a simply hit on the F12 button.
But as of more recent versions of Yakuake it has become really slow. It sometimes take 2-3 seconds from F12 press till you can type on the terminal. So I uninstalled it and tried Yeahconsole but I uninstalled it equally fast as I understood it was broken and didn't work at all despite being in the Xubuntu apt repositories.
Last but not least I ended up using Guake which not only works but also works really really fast. Screenshots here
- oplop - How Oplop works, explained in plain English and in technical detail 20 January 2010
- Healing Food Reference 27 January 2010
- Related by category:
- How to create-react-app with Docker 17 November 2017 Linux
- Be very careful with your add_header in Nginx! You might make your site insecure 11 February 2018 Linux
- Linux tip: du --max-depth=1 27 September 2007 Linux
- set -ex - The most useful bash trick of the year 31 August 2014 Linux
- Run something forever in bash until you want to stop it 13 February 2018 Linux
- Related by keyword:
- Suspend and resume output in terminal
03 March 2005
- Fish - most important Python package since distutils 07 May 2010