I've been a big fan of Yakuake for a long time. It's a terminal you have open all the time in Linux that is shown and hidden, over any other windows, by a simply hit on the F12 button.
But as of more recent versions of Yakuake it has become really slow. It sometimes take 2-3 seconds from F12 press till you can type on the terminal. So I uninstalled it and tried Yeahconsole but I uninstalled it equally fast as I understood it was broken and didn't work at all despite being in the Xubuntu apt repositories.
Last but not least I ended up using Guake which not only works but also works really really fast. Screenshots here
- oplop - How Oplop works, explained in plain English and in technical detail
20 January 2010
- Healing Food Reference
27 January 2010
- Related by Keyword:
- Fish - most important Python package since distutils
07 May 2010
- Suspend and resume output in terminal
03 March 2005
- Related by Text:
- jQuery and Highslide JS
08 January 2008
- I'm back! Peterbe.com has been renewed
05 June 2005
- Anti-McCain propaganda videos
12 August 2008
- I'm Prolog
01 May 2007
- Ever wondered how much $87 Billion is?
04 November 2003