Findory Blogory is an index of weblogs categories much like Google does with Google News is an index of news. I must admit that I like it. I like it a lot.
The absurd thing is that they're free-riding on an existing layout so that users can skip over the getting-familiar-with-new-interface-stage. As long as the content is different I see no ethical errs in copying the layout like this. In fact I think it can only enhance the user experience. I have done it too, I copied the only menu nav that Google used in my IssueTrackerProduct design as seen in these old screenshots.
But I only think it works if the content is important and not the "brand experience". Now, if I could only find that site that lists web design copycats that I've once seen.
- Tell me your birthday 02 September 2004
- I'm back and awake! 19 October 2004
- Related by category:
- Fastest way to find out if a file exists in S3 (with boto3)
16 June 2017 Web development
- How to create-react-app with Docker 17 November 2017 Web development
- How to throttle AND debounce an autocomplete input in React 01 March 2018 Web development
- Be very careful with your add_header in Nginx! You might make your site insecure 11 February 2018 Web development
- Displaying fetch() errors and unwanted responses in React 06 February 2019 Web development