6 November 2003 0 comments Python
I really like the CLR idea that is used in Microsoft .NET
A CLR lets you run programs as a mix of programs written in several different languages. Zope is another such framework. You can use either Python, Perl or PHP for scripting; but that's a much higher level and with a different goal.
The story of Parrot is funny. It started as a April's fool joke, but was later taken seriously and is now a serious open source project.
"Parrot is now the name of a proposed virtual machine that should be able to run Perl as well as Python code." Read more here
This article describes it better.
- The end of the world, a scenario 5 November 2003
- Python for .NET 6 November 2003
- Related by category:
- Best practice with retries with requests 19 April 2017 Python
- How much faster is Redis at storing a blob of JSON compared to PostgreSQL? 28 September 2019 Python
- Fastest way to find out if a file exists in S3 (with boto3) 16 June 2017 Python
- Interesting float/int casting in Python 25 April 2006 Python
- Fastest way to unzip a zip file in Python 31 January 2018 Python
- Related by keyword:
- Integer division in programming languages 4 August 2004
- PSP - Python Server Pages 9 March 2004
- Vista voice recognition and Perl 9 February 2007
- Zope compared to PHP 22 June 2005
- R.I.P Palm Treo 27 September 2005