My friend Chris West has built a great new site called Those Crazy Chinese which describes itself like this:
"Chinese (Mandarin) is a beautiful and highly literal language - directly translated, many words have entertaining and occasionally logical meanings."
It's built in Django and it integrates to Twitter so if you're on Twitter just follow it there to get the latest additions of new interesting and amusing literal translations. This website is mainly geared towards people who are, like Chris, learning Mandarin.
- Mocking os.stat in Python
08 November 2009
- Comparing YUI Compressor and slimmer
17 November 2009
- Related by keywords:
- To readline() or readlines()
12 March 2004
- bool is instance of int in Python
05 December 2008
- Reciprocal lesson about gender perspectives
02 September 2011
- Nginx vs. Squid
17 March 2009
- How and why to use django-mongokit (aka. Django to MongoDB)
08 March 2010
- Nasty surprise of Django cache
09 December 2008
- IssueTrackerProduct now officially abandoned
30 March 2012
- Google Calendar, iCalendar Validator but not bloody Apple iCal
09 April 2009
- On the command line no one can hear you screen. Or can they?
03 May 2012
- In Django, how much faster is it to aggregate?
27 October 2010
- tempfile in Python standard library
07 February 2006
- Random ID generator for Zope
02 September 2005