06 April 2011
Today Felinx Lee and I launched TornadoGists.org which is a site for discussing gists related to Tornado (python web framework open sourced by Facebook).
Everyone in the Tornado community seems to solve similar problems in different ways. Oftentimes, these solutions are just a couple of lines or so and not something you can really turn into a full package with
setup.py and everything.
Sharing a snippet of code is a great way to a) help other people and b) to get feedback on your solutions.
The goal is to make it a very open and active project with lots of contributors. I'll be accepting and reviewing all forks but hopefully control will be opened up to all Tornado developers. Also, since the code is quite generic to any open source project Felinx and I might one day port this to rubygists.org or lispgists.org or something like that. After all, Github does all the heavy lifting and we just wrap it up nicely.
- Strange socket related error with supervisord
05 April 2011
- Mocking DBRefs in Mongoose and nodeunit
14 April 2011
- Related by keywords:
- Github Pull Request Triage tool
06 March 2014
- Common names amongst my Facebook friends
26 June 2014
- hastebinit - quickly paste snippets into hastebin.com
11 October 2012
- GitHub PR triage across multiple projects
28 April 2014
- Google Reverse Geocoding vs. GeoNames
17 August 2009
- Integrate BrowserID in a Tornado web app
22 November 2011
- Highlighted code syntax in Keynote
30 August 2014
- String comparison function in Python (alpha)
22 December 2007
- Gamification for me as a software developer
21 December 2012
- The Official Dilbert Widget
31 January 2008
07 June 2007
22 August 2011