Have you ever searched Google for something obvious like "news", "software" or "internet"? I have, but doing it felt very original.
Before reading on (unless it's too late) to guess what you'd find on the top spot of a Google search if you search for "news".
Ok, here are the results.
- Searching for news
- Searching for software
- www.apache.org/ not bad apache!
- Searching for internet
- www.microsoft.com/ Thee PageRank gurus
- www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp page about Internet Explorer
- www.ipl.org/ (University of Michigan)
- Searching for hardware
- www.tomshardware.com/ they deserve this
- ww.anandtech.com/ who are you?
- Searching for search engine
- searchenginewatch.com/ I guess that's fair
On the "search engine" search, where is MSN (bottom of second page) and why isn't Google on the top spot (6th spot). Maybe this "proves" that Google doesn't fiddle with their database :)
- More amazing sidewalk art
26 March 2005
- Ugly one-liner to debug an object in Zope
31 March 2005
- Related by keywords:
- Google hardware history
16 May 2004
- Same but new keyboard, lovely change
21 January 2004
- The Search Engine Experiment
25 November 2005
- Google News Alerts (BETA)
29 September 2003