Ugliest e-commerce site of the month - Comfy-Feet
19 January 2008
This time it's an e-commerce site called Comfy-Feet which seems to have been developed with Frontpage 5.0 and that doesn't surprise me at all.
I remember hearing somewhere that turnover on e-commerce and "good design" don't have any relationship. In other words, just because you're making an e-commerce site prettier doesn't mean you'll sell more. Well, I beg to differ that that rule must have some extreme exceptions.
A few quick things you immediately notice:
- Why two large Union Jack flags?
- blue text within black text making you think they're links
- no consistent layout when you drill down into various pages
- title tag doesn't even include the word "Comfy-Feet" just "Buy: Shoe Insoles, ..."
- If you add something to the cart, the click the "Back to store" button they ask you which site you want to go back to.
- I don't think a single page I clicked on was without error message in the validator
Actually, I feel a bit guilty for complaining about this site since it's probably as far from corporate as possible can be. It was one of few decent sites I even found that sells insoles with a decent range. I just hope these guys didn't pay anybody (lots of money) to work on this. If not, I'm sorry. If so, get a better web designer company next time!